Active-Based Moderate Portfolio
|Unit value as of|
|Total annual asset-based fees|
This Investment Portfolio seeks moderate growth.
To varying degrees, each Active-Based Multi-Fund Portfolio invests in certain mutual funds that mainly invest in equity securities, including:
- A broad and diverse group of equity securities of U.S. companies, with a greater emphasis on small capitalization, value, and high profitability companies as compared to their representation in the U.S. market;
- Equity securities of large foreign companies associated with developed market countries;
- A broad and diverse group of equity securities associated with emerging markets, which may include frontier markets, with a greater emphasis on small capitalization, value, and high profitability companies; and
- Equity securities of issuers that are principally engaged in or related to the real estate industry, including real estate investment trusts (REITs).
Also to varying degrees, each Active-Based Multi-Fund Portfolio invests in certain mutual funds that mainly invest in debt securities, including:
- Various types of investment-grade fixed income securities issued by U.S. and foreign public or private issuers, including issuers in emerging markets;
- Fixed income securities whose principal value increases or decreases based on changes in inflation over the life of the security, typically U.S. Treasury Inflation-Linked Securities, as well as other inflation indexed bonds issued by U.S. and foreign public and private issuers;
- Various types of lower-rated or unrated higher-yielding debt investments of U.S. and foreign issuers (often called “junk bonds”), including floating rate loans and floating rate debt securities; and
- Floating rate loans and floating rate debt securities, most of which are below investment grade and which may be non-U.S. dollar denominated.
The Active-Based Aggressive Portfolio allocates more assets to mutual funds that mainly invest in equity securities (including real estate securities) than the Active-Based Moderate Portfolio, and the Active-Based Moderate Portfolio allocates more assets to mutual funds that mainly invest in equity securities (including real estate securities) than the Active-Based Conservative Portfolio. The Active-Based Conservative Portfolio allocates more assets to mutual funds that mainly invest in debt securities than the Active-Based Moderate Portfolio, and the Active-Based Moderate Portfolio allocates more assets to mutual funds that mainly invest in debt securities than the Active-Based Aggressive Portfolio. In addition to its investments in mutual funds, the Active-Based Conservative Portfolio also invests in a funding agreement.
Moderate to Aggressive
Learn more about how risk potential could affect your investment by completing our Risk Tolerance Questionnaire.
Average annual total returns as of 10/31/2023
|Category||Active-Based Moderate Portfolio||Benchmark|
|Year to date||2.38%||2.97%|
Average annual total returns as of 9/30/2023
|Category||Active-Based Moderate Portfolio||Benchmark|
|Year to date||4.69%||5.17%|
The performance data quoted represent past performance and are net of all fees and expenses. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Your returns and the principal value of your account will fluctuate, so your investment may be worth more or less than the original value when you withdraw your money. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance quoted above. Investors cannot invest directly in a benchmark.
All performance figures in the table, with the exception of the performance figures in the year-to-date column, represent the average annual compound rate of the total return. All figures in the year-to-date column represent cumulative, nonannualized returns.
- 31.50% U.S. Equity
- 15.00% International Equity
- 3.50% Real Estate
- 50.00% Fixed Income
|DFEOX||DFA U.S. Core Equity 1 Portfolio||31.50%|
|DFALX||DFA Large Cap International Portfolio||12.00%|
|DFCEX||DFA Emerging Markets Core Equity Portfolio||3.00%|
|TIREX||TIAA-CREF Real Estate Securities Fund||3.50%|
|MWTSX||Metropolitan West Total Return Bond Fund||27.50%|
|TIILX||TIAA-CREF Inflation-Linked Bond Fund||10.00%|
|TIHYX||TIAA-CREF High-Yield Fund||7.50%|
|RPIFX||T. Rowe Price Floating Rate||5.00%|
The above table lists the underlying investments in which this investment portfolio invests and the percentage of the investment portfolio’s assets allocated to each of its investments. Please keep in mind that if you invest in this investment portfolio, you will own this investment portfolio; you will not own shares in any of the above mutual funds. For more information on investment portfolios, fees and expenses, including cost examples, please read the Plan Description.
529 Investment Lead
Head of Investment Strategies
To learn more about the Edvest 529 College Savings Plan, its investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses, please see the Plan Description at Edvest.com. Read it carefully. Investments in the Plan are neither insured nor guaranteed and there is the risk of investment loss. Check with your home state to learn if it offers tax or other benefits such as financial aid, scholarship funds or protection from creditors for investing in its own 529 plan.
The material contained on this website is not intended to be a recommendation or investment advice, does not constitute a solicitation to buy, sell or hold a security or investment strategy and is not provided in a fiduciary capacity. The information provided does not take into account the specific objectives or circumstances of any particular investor or suggest any specific course of action. Investment decisions should be based on an investor’s objectives and circumstances.
TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, Member FINRA, is the distributor and underwriter for the Edvest College Savings Plan.